Update Oct 10, 2020 EXCITING NEWS!! Lotion Classes for beginners are finally available! The first Official Launch on Oct 11 was a success. I do have to thank Keri and the gang from The Wilderness Centre for their contribution... You know who you are!! We had a great time, everyone was amazed at how much there was to learn about Lotionmaking. And believe me, we barely scratched the surface! Next class is Nov 22, 2020 and perhaps I'll have to open up another class before Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, the Lotion Making Kit Christmas Edition is available. Check it out!!
Please note, you are required to bring a mask to class. You will not be able to attend and no refund will be given if you do not bring a mask. Thanks for your cooperation.
When you sign up for a class, you will be asked for your email address. The website will then send you an email asking you if you would like to pay by etransfer or through PayPal. This is how you will submit payment. Within 24-48 hours you will receive an email back with your confirmation of registration and information with direction, what to bring and more.
If you are having problems, please call or text 587-785-8878 and we will help you out. -Wixy Soap
Precautionary measures will be taken including distancing and gloves. Please bring your own masks. Returning clients receive $10 OFF your next class.
Time: 11:00 am - 2:45 pm (Approximately)
For Cold Process soap making, please ensure you bring a large old bath towel for transporting your soap home.
- Lye safety and handling are covered.
- You will take home 3 lbs of soap (12 bars) and the custom wood mold
- Choose your essential oil or fragrance. See documentation link on this page.
- This class will include color and a swirl technique
- This Handmade Soap Class is about 3.5 - 4 hours
- You will also get to learn how to make your own recipes
- You will get to learn about different designs and techniques, and be able to share idea
- The manual provided offers recipes, local and online resources, tips and tricks
- Soap supplies and kits are available for sale after class
Cold Process Dates
Are You a Returning Student?
ABOUT THE CLASS:
We have small hands-on classes to provide you with the best support and instruction as well as making your experience fun and enjoyable! We provide all the supplies for your project including fragrance or essential oil, color(s) and additives. The course manual is included and contains recipes and local and online resources which will save you valuable time and money. The soap molds are yours to keep. Soap supplies and kits available for purchase after class. Group Discounts are available. *Please note, the location for the classes: 1454 Lakeland Village Blvd. Sherwood Park, AB, T8H 1L8.
There are 2 cats at the facility.
COVID Update: As part of our preventative measures we will be following these guidelines. Please, if you are sick or showing signs that you are sick you will not be able to participate.
- Please bring your own personal mask.
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- An alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol is provided
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- People who are sick will not be allowed
What You Need To Bring With You To Class
Old clothes and shoes, a drink and snack if you wish. Goggles and gloves are supplied.
- Cold Process Soap making, please ensure you bring a large old bath towel (2x4 min)
- Bath Bomb Class bring a towel lined box at least a square foot
It was awesome to see first hand!
I can't wait to make more bars at home. Super Fun!
Nancy N. Ardrossan, AB
Who knew there was so much to soap making. It was a fun afternoon with friends and my daughter. It was a great way to get together and have fun.
Sincerely Susan Siemens
Interesting & very informative class.
Learned everything about how to make soap and using different oils etc. Essential to people who have no idea about the process of making soap.
Sincerely Melanie Passamare
I loved how calm you were.
It made the soap making less intimidating and a lot of fun. You had so much information to share. Thank you!! Thanks for having our group. So informative, easy with instructor guidance. No cleaning!!!
Sincerely Farrell Elliott
I would highly recommend this class others.
Di was very informative and I got to learn so many tips and tricks about soapmaking from her! She answered all my questions on soapmaking and I go to personalize my soap with colorful swirls and different essential oils. I also learned how to use soapcalc so I can make my own soap at home. Thank you for such a fun class!
Sincerly Charlotte Krause
It was tons of fun & very informative!
Can’t wait to do it again. Everything was straight forward & well explained. Two thumbs up!
Sincerely Morgan Wright
Love the recipes!
....the information, techniques and hands on. Was great to help me get started. Thank you! It would definitely be fun to take with a group I knew and learn more recipes.
Sincerely, Corrine Hill, AB
Format was informal and fun - but lots of info. Also, booklet was already ready for me. Very good info. I would recommend this class to others.
Carol Potts, Breton, AB