Welcome to Wixy Soap - Handmade Soaps!
Handmade soaps using natural ingredients using the cold process method and made in small batches. High-quality oils and butters are selected for their qualities in the soap. We use blends of cocoa and shea butter, organic coconut and olive oils, and avocado, organic sunflower, hemp and grape seed oils - to name a few.
Extracts, botanicals, herbs and essential oils are each chosen for their beneficial properties. Where possible ingredients are natural, organic and/or from sustainable sources.
Clays, salts and seaweed have their rightful place in a bar of soap and in other lines of bath and beauty products.
- Natural soaps contain all natural ingredients and are given fragrance and color from essential oils, botanicals, extracts and natural colorants.
- Scented soaps are simply our natural soaps with added fragrance oil, Many of the cosmetic grade fragrance oils are phthalate-free. These scents are wonderful and will add that extra "something" to your bath experience.
- Glycerin soaps (melt & pour) bases are ALL VEGETABLE OIL and contain no alcohol or harmful products to dry your skin! Glycerin, a natural emollient, draws moisture from the air to benefit the complexion, and the base cleanses without stripping or upsetting the skins delicate natural pH balance. Our soap rinses clean and leaves no soapy film behind. All our soap bases are produced with high-quality raw materials to form a luxurious lather and sparkling clarity.
Cold process soaps produce glycerin. Glycerin is a natural emollient that your skin loves. Other "soaps" and beauty bars use sulfates and other harsh chemicals that strip your skin of its natural oils. The manufacturers strip the glycerin from the soap then incorporated it into creams and other products and raise the price.
Caring for your Cold Processed Soap
- Store your soaps in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. Excessive heat, light, and moisture are natural soap's worst enemies.
- Allow your soap to dry in between uses.
- DO NOT allow soap to sit in water, use a draining soap dish
- Use your fresh new soap within 6 months of purchase. It's natural soap and meant to be used!! Yes, we know it smells good and is very pretty.
Cold processed handcrafted soap naturally produces a bar that is rich in glycerin which is a natural emollient that draws moisture from the air to your skin for its benefit. It is also rich in nutrients for the skin.
There are many different oils that can be used to make soap. Each oil will contribute different qualities to your bar of soap. Finding a great combination is key, just as it is for a great chef and his recipe. Some oils offer more lather, some more hardness, some more conditioning. An interesting tidbit - the expensive oil does not always make the better bar. For example, pomace olive oil, which is less costly as extra virgin olive oil makes a nicer bar after the chemical process of saponification is finished. The more expensive extra virgin oil could best be left for moisturizing.
At Wixy Soap we specialize in teaching soap making. We teach the cold process method and the melt and pour methods of making soap.
The cold process method uses lye, also known as the “old fashioned way” to make soap. We also teach melt and pour soap class which is suitable for all ages. Melt and pour is glycerin soap. Wixy Soap uses only a high-quality base that you will learn to make into beautiful healthy soap. The design of your soap is endless!
Our classes are designed and delivered so that you are confident after the first class. You will take home the soap mold and a lot of soap and knowledge to make soap on your own in the future....priceless.
Generally, the classes are held on the weekends. Ask about group discounts! This is a great team-building event. You may purchase soap making supplies at a discount after class. Check out our store for all of our favourite bath and beauty products.
At Wixy Soap, we also offer products with natural organic ingredients, bolstered with vitamin and nutrient-rich botanicals, extracts and aloe. We add essential oils that have properties that are highly coveted in skin and health care. Mineral salts, clays, organic seaweed and other exfoliants have their rightful place in health and beauty products.
People notice the difference in their skin and hair very soon after using natural products. Skin is moisturized and soothed, the complexion is revitalized. Natural soap cleans acne prone skin. Hair is shiny, healthy and moisturized. Many of our products are free from SLS / SLES (Sulphates), triclosan, parabens and other harsh chemicals.
Be sure to check out our most popular items like the Natural Deodorant with no aluminum or propylene glycol,