Welcome to Wixy Soap - Handmade Soaps!
Handmade soaps using natural ingredients using the cold process method and made in small batches. High-quality oils and butters are selected for their qualities in the soap. We use blends of cocoa and shea butter, organic coconut and olive oils, and avocado, organic sunflower, hemp and grape seed oils - to name a few.
Extracts, botanicals, herbs and essential oils are each chosen for their beneficial properties. Where possible ingredients are natural, organic and/or from sustainable sources.
Clays, salts and seaweed have their rightful place in a bar of soap and in other lines of bath and beauty products.
- Natural soaps contain all natural ingredients and are given fragrance and color from essential oils, botanicals, extracts and natural colorants.
- Scented soaps are simply our natural soaps with added fragrance oil, Many of the cosmetic grade fragrance oils are phthalate-free. These scents are wonderful and will add that extra "something" to your bath experience.
- Glycerin soaps (melt & pour) bases are ALL VEGETABLE OIL and contain no alcohol or harmful products to dry your skin! Glycerin, a natural emollient, draws moisture from the air to benefit the complexion, and the base cleanses without stripping or upsetting the skins delicate natural pH balance. Our soap rinses clean and leaves no soapy film behind. All our soap bases are produced with high-quality raw materials to form a luxurious lather and sparkling clarity.
Cold process soaps produce glycerin. Glycerin is a natural emollient that your skin loves. Other "soaps" and beauty bars use sulfates and other harsh chemicals that strip your skin of its natural oils. Those other bars also have their glycerin stripped from them. The glycerin is then incorporated into their creams making and other products.
Caring for your Cold Processed Soap
- Store your soaps in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. Excessive heat, light, and moisture are natural soap's worst enemies.
- Allow your soap to dry in between uses.
- DO NOT allow soap to sit in water, use a draining soap dish
- Use your fresh new soap within 6 months of purchase. It's natural soap and meant to be used!! Yes, we know it smells good and is very pretty.
Cold processed handcrafted soap naturally produces a bar that is rich in glycerin which is a natural emollient that draws moisture from the air to your skin for its benefit. It is also rich in nutrients for the skin.
There are many different oils that can be used to make soap. Each oil will contribute different qualities to your bar of soap. Finding a great combination is key, just as it is for a great chef and his recipe. Some oils offer more lather, some more hardness, some more conditioning. An interesting tidbit - the expensive oil does not always make the better bar. For example, pomace oil, which is less costly as extra virgin olive oil makes a nicer bar after the chemical process of saponification is finished. The more expensive extra virgin oil could best be left for moisturizing.